7 important metrics for progress
1. Did I say I would do anything?
2. Why am I doing this? What is the overarching thing-I-want-to-see-done?
3. Did I do what I said I would do?
4. Did I do it well, or were there problems in execution?
5. Did doing what I said I’d do have results that got me closer to what, overall, I want to see done? Should I even keep doing this?
6. Would doing more of what I’m doing, or doing it faster/better, net me different results (“more can be different”)? Or, is this action scalable?
7. Is there a step in what I am doing that could be eliminated, or some other way of doing what I’m doing that would be faster or more effective?